I should techincally list my best friend as a technology. No one makes my life easier more than my best friend, at least at this point in my life.
I vent at her, make her cook for me, get angry if she doesn't laugh at my jokes, and tell her totally pointless stories and expect her attention, which I actually get. It's awesome.
Invention of friends was the greatest thing ever. For example, mine are a really eccentric and assorted bunch.
There are some who I have known since high school in India. I tend to have really long heart to heart talks with them. They know where I am coming from and they generally tend to be more understanding of things that sometimes don't even make sense to me. My old friends are my all time favorites.
Others, I know because I chose a certain major. We usually sit in classes together, bitch about college together, do homework together and have nervous breakdowns together. I am serious about the last part. There is no real bonding unless you've shared a panic attack and screamed at each other. You hate this now but you'll be all emotional and tearing up about it at your graduation.
Next come the people who work the Triangle.
We're one hell of a family. As in all families, we too bitch about each other behind their backs. Sometimes, it's all the fun we have in a week. Most of us become friends because we just inevitably end up spending an insane amount of time together. It's like, initially you don't know anyone; none of your tastes match. You think they're weird, their music is weird, the fashion police should totally lock up them, they have no political judgement and the world would totally be a better place without them because they just downright suck. But what can you do, you need them. And then eventually, you learn to laugh at and with them, tolerate them and possibly even thank them at the end of the day. It's awesome. No really, I mean it. It's the only place where I really learnt to like people I didn't like at all.
I also have some friends who I know because we worked together. It's sometimes hard to imagine how much other people can enrich your life and make you grow, if only you choose to reach out to them. And let them reach out you and be honest and trusting. I'm a big fan of companionship and sharing my life with people of consequence to my heart. To me, that's what relationships are. These friends of mine have taught me about love, respect, warmth, culture and people. I feel myself falling into a new personality as I discover through these people, who I am and what I connect with.
Yay to my friends. I would have named you all in this post but then chose not to for a variety of reasons.
Saturday, May 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i agree. friends are a great technology :)
Post a Comment