
Ok kids, today was a really big deal.
I missed the Perseids meteor shower last night. Bummer. I was really looking forward to seeing those shooting stars. But it's okay. I was more than compensated for that.
You see, the sky loves me. Today, right after I came back from my aunt's place in NJ, I was out buying some chocolates for some temporarily deprived friends of mine. As I was walking back, I was stunned to see not one, but two rainbows right in front of me! Now considering that hardly ever happens, it was a pretty big deal. And most of all, I got to see it.
They were right there, the two rainbows. One shorter than the other, and incomplete. The bigger one was a primary rainbow, with the colors going one way, and the other one was secondary, with colors going the opposite way, and fainter. It was rare, and I was so glad I was there, in that moment, to see it.
I found a picture similar to what I saw, only it doesn't do justice to what I saw. I threw my arms open to the sky and did a twirl as I started walking back. A man sitting on the bench nodded and waved at me. I waved back.
The sky loves me.
No comments:
Post a Comment