Monday, May 17, 2010

The Unforgettable May 17th

Today is possibly one of the worst days of my academic life. After working hard (or, so I thought) for over 12 hours, all the experiments failed and all protocols yielded no results. Today, I seriously doubted my capabilities to be a researcher - had I really chosen the right path for myself? Because how is it that when someone does the same thing in parallel with you, with same procedure, same reagents and they get a positive result and you don't. And this happens 9 more times. With 3 different experiments.

What is the answer? What is wrong with me? Will they stop trusting me soon and not give me any work because I will keep screwing up and pushing them back? Being a hurdle, instead of help?

I want to be ready. I want to get this right. And I am trying really hard, but its so discouraging when simple protocols that work for EVERYONE else, fail only for you.

1 comment:

Gauri said...

Keep faith Aditi! I know you can do it! :)