My first time with acrylics. Actually my first time painting since I was 10.
First thing I've learned is the difference lighting can make to a painting. Both pictures have come out nicer than the real version, which is not as decent. If I reduce the light, you can see less of the color mixing mess, so it looks better I guess. I have to work on fixing that.
Second, if a painting ends up looking weird when it wasn't supposed to, give it a name. This will make people go, "Aaah, Aaaaaart." So, this wasn't intended to have a name, but when I started out I wanted to show the journeys of an indian woman, and her identity, which is metaphored as her saree in here, as her only anchor.
Hence, this is called "Journeys of An Indian Woman."
Aaah. Art.
Friday, March 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Lol I would have never guessed it a saare. I thought some was fishing or something of that sort. :P
Nice mix of colors though. I agree about the lighting stuff.
Lovely painting!!
Post a Comment